Pulse

An assorted candyboxfull of my thoughts....
Friday, September 22, 2006

When I first came to Bangalore,
Stars filled my eyes,
The sound of monsters disturbed my slumber,
New smells, new people, all a daze,
So many times being uprooted festered distent,
broken bonds, broken confidence,
Shattered, it lay around me........
Then one day came a new life;
Small, so helpless, but full of zest
She fascinated me, nature's small creation,
so innocent it humbled me,
Even I could not have been so delicate and fragile.
Love at first sight knew a new meaning that day,
I knew the moment she climbed out of her basket and snuggled against my heart,
I would love her more than my own forever.
Hurdles never seemed so hard to cross before.
I miss so much to this day the time i shared with her,
Whenever i fed or bathed her,
those tiny paws caught me when i had been ignorant,
Her steady heartbeat as she lay her head on my heart at night,
I gave her all my love, i knew true love only once Iris came into my life.
She took to flowers and smaller creatures gently,
And to people who wanted to harm just as fiercely,
She was the only one by my side when i cried,
A witness who could but only watch and try to console,
Love, affection, and with her undying support I grew to discover myself,
I learnt to laugh, to love, to trust from her.
The smallest things made me happy, watching her run, play, tease, sleep.
Trouble, pain and suffering knew no meaning when she was with me,
I wish she were still alive,
I live every moment in her memory,
for the things she wanted me to be,
She died a punishing death,
it still wells up tears in my eyes, the injustice of it,
I dedicate this to Iris,
who I would have died for if she could live longer,
Because humans know no love like these gentle creatures do,
We are selfish, hurtful and dispassionate beings.

posted by MandarinDreams @ 4:19 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:06 am, Blogger Kunal said…

    Beautiful..as ornate as it could ever be..so warm, and furry...beautiful..an ode to god's creation and how bizarre are ties of the human mind..brilliant!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

© 2006 Pulse | Blogger Templates by Gecko & Fly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without permission.
Learn how to Make Money Online at GeckoandFly
Creative Commons License
This work by Manjeri is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Manjeri is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.

Web This Blog
About Me


Name: MandarinDreams
Home: Chennai, India
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives